Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Neutralisation

Aim: To observe a neutralisation reaction.

Method: 

1. Get a Test tube rack, 6 test tubes, acid, base and universal indicator

2. Fill 4 test tubes with 3 mL of acid 

3. Fill 2 test tubes with 3mL of of base

4. Add a squirt of universal indicator to each

5. Add different amounts of acid and base to make the colours of the rainbow (ROYGBI)


Results:



Discussion:

We learned how to make the colours of the rainbow with chemicals mine turned out not bad but we couldn't make indigo so we made them light and we made a light blue so we could use the dark blue as indigo. Yesterday for our experiment we learned how to make natural indicators with the rainbow.

I think my group did a really good job we got all the colours for the rainbow and I think i would do it again.


Conclusion:

In our results you can see that it worked, I don't think I would do anything differently because I had fun my group had fun and it was fun just using chemicals to make colours of the rainbow i would gladly do it again and I would do it exactly the same and wouldn't change it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about